The latest market research shows that internet browsing with the use of mobile devices will increase further in 2021. Interesting about this development is the fact that the number of consumers searching the web with their mobile devices has already overtaken the number of people using desktops for the web, and yet there are still many websites that are not adapting to this development.
Responsive web design
Responsive web design is the combination of techniques with which a website can be made smaller or larger in size in order to better view it on screens of different mobile devices. This means that when an online user opens a website on their smartphone, laptop or desktop, the website will completely fill the screen, from whatever device.
The visitor can see the website and all information clearly, as the website automatically adapts to a suitable layout. In this way, it is not necessary for the visitor to load a huge website or zoom in to find the content he/she needs. Moreover, responsiveness promotes the navigation of the website so that the visitor will click around longer.
According to the current developments in this field, the main driver for your website is not just a nice design, but something that is valuable, useful and easy for users. Responsive web design takes into account the limitations of small screens while reminding us to think about what matters most on the website.
Benefits of responsive web design
The benefits of responsive web design are as follows:
- A safe future
- Responsive sites work well with different devices in the market. As a result, the website always looks nice and good, regardless of which device your visitor uses.
- A better user experience
- Cost efficient. While you need to spend more time designing responsive sites, they last longer, making them cost-effective. At some point you should upgrade, manage and support it.
- Easier to stay optimized for the search engines, Google includes responsiveness in the algorithm to determine how high your website ranks in the search results.
- It is more difficult to manage two separate sites for different mobile devices and does not produce satisfactory results. The best way to solve these problems is through responsive sites, as Google recommends.
- Improved conversion rates
- Users will have a great experience regardless of the platform they use to view a site. This increases the chance of conversion of your products / services.
This is the moment for the last companies without responsive websites to realize that they also need a responsive website. By improving the consumer experience, regardless of the type of mobile device they use, you ensure that a customer is satisfied faster, buys more on average and leaves your website with a better impression.
Do you need a talented web designer who can help you with this? Contact us and let us help you!